TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please ensure that you read the following Terms of Service carefully.
As with all Terms and Conditions, there are a lot of points, which should be carefully read and understood prior to giving a deposit to go ahead with your Wedding at White Dove Barns.
- A non refundable deposit of 25% of the entire rental amount will be required for confirmation of the booking. This is to be returned, together with a signed copy of the Terms and Conditions, which we will counter sign, indicating acceptance. For wedding bookings more than 12 months in advance we will require a further non-refundable down payment of 25% of the remainder one year ahead of the date of the wedding. If your wedding is within 12 months then a 50% non-refundable down payment is required 6 months prior, and the final balance is due 2 months before your wedding day.
- Until we receive the deposit your booking is deemed as provisional and we reserve the right to sell the date.
- Our own in house caterers must be used on the wedding day for both the wedding breakfast and evening meal. Minimum numbers during the peak period (April to October) on a Saturday are 60 adult guests unless agreed with the management prior to booking. During all other times the minimum is 50 adult guests.
- There will be a final statement sent to you 2 months prior to the wedding, this will out line the payments made to date and the outstanding payments. You will be expected to adhere to the schedule of payments, if you fail to do so we reserve the right to cancel your wedding.
All down payments are non-refundable.
- In the unlikely event of cancellation on your part, we regret that all deposits and down payments are non refundable. We strongly recommend the purchase of Cancellation Insurance for Weddings. The final details for all events must be agreed at least one month before the function date. Changes to any arrangements made with the proprietors must be submitted in writing at the earliest possible date and agreed with them.
Please see www.bit.ly/wedding-insurance for more information.
- We reserve the right to cancel your booking in the event of any damage or destruction of the Venue by Fire or any other cause beyond our control, which would prevent us from fulfilling our obligation in connection with your booking. If this unfortunate situation was to occur all deposits and down payments will be returned. Suffolk weddings will not be responsible for any consequential or third party loses.
- The Dovecote Bridal Suite comes as part of the package for the Bride and Groom to use during the wedding stay.
- A £1000 damage deposit will be added to the final venue hire fee 2 months prior to the wedding day. In the event that damage occurs to Owner’s property or to any fixtures or fittings (to include the farm house, the barn, the marquee, the cottages, and gardens) the client will be responsible for reimbursement in full. The Owner will obtain three quotations for any remedial work, and by agreement with the client, accept the quotation that will most closely restore the item to its original condition. The balance of the damage deposit will be refunded to you within 14 days after the wedding less any disbursements required to restore the venue to the condition of hire. We will require the bank details you would like the deposit refunded to.
- It will be the client’s responsibility to specify and liaise with the sub-contractors (taxis, photographer, registrar, etc.).
- The property has a pond, which represents a potential water hazard. You will be made familiar with this hazard when you view the venue and it will be your responsibility to highlight this hazard to your guests. All children are the responsibility of their parents; please watch them at all times!
- All internal areas are non smoking areas. A £100 will be taken off your deposit if this rule is broken. This includes e cigarettes
- No candles are allowed in any of the properties. Only LED candles are allowed.
- No confetti canons or smoke machines in the barn as they will set off our smoke alarm system.
- No Chinese lanterns or fire works are permitted at the venue due to the thatched roofs. If you breach these rules you will lose all of your damage deposit.
- No colouring pencils or wax crayons to be bought into the barn during the wedding breakfast. These will be removed by staff as they damage table linen and the stains cannot be removed. If staining does occur then the price of the table cloths will be taken from the damage deposit.
- We do allow sparklers outside the property.
- Confetti is allowed at the venue but must be biodegradable and preferably natural flower petals
- A minimum charge of £100 for professional cleaning will be taken off the damage deposit if a guest is sick in any of our properties.
- All staff costs are included in the venue hire fee.
- There will be additional equipment charges made for parties exceeding 120 guests for the wedding breakfast. A fully itemised quote will be provided for any additional equipment required.
- All alcohol must be purchased from our bar during the wedding day and night.
- Anyone found bringing in alcohol not bought from the bar will be asked to leave the venue.
- A fine of £200 will also be passed onto the wedding couple if this is pointed out and not resolved.
Suffolk Weddings are not responsible for any recommended suppliers.
Food T & C’s
- First deposit of £1000 on confirmation of menu requirements approx 12 months prior to the event upon
receiving a formal quote for the menu choices
- Final Numbers and dietary requirements are required 14 days before the event and no alterations can be made after this date.
- Under 5 years old FREE
- 6-12 yrs old may have a set 2 course children’s meal at £10 or the same menu as the adult guests at half the adult cost
- Please be aware the catering and alcohol costs may rise depending on inflation but White Dove barns will advise the client prior to the event should this occur
- Upon sending your deposit we will require a signed copy of the terms and conditions as detailed above.
- Please print this page off and sign below, I we will then counter sign it and retain a copy on file.
Please confirm the date of the wedding and initial next to the date.
Wedding Date: __ __ / __ __ / __ __ __ __
Upon sending your deposit I will require a signed copy of the terms and conditions as detailed above. Please print this page off and sign below, I will then counter sign it and return a copy to you.
I …………………………………………………………………… (Please sign & print your name) have read and agree to the terms and conditions as stated above!
…………………………………………………………………….. Greg Tallamy/Sam Goodbourn on behalf of Tides Reach Ltd.
"What can I say...A fantastic weekend and a dream venue for our wedding. The whole experience has been amazing , no one wanted to leave. Thank you for everything from start to finish we couldn't have wished for more (we will be back!!)"
Mr & Mrs Broom, Essex